Friday, March 16, 2012

Recipe share

I just have to share the link to this recipe on my blog:


http://therawfoodthing.blogspot.com/2012/03/stand-your-spoon-in-it-raw-chocolate.html?m=1


I have to admit that I have not yet tried it. But it looks delicious! I can't make the sesame milk because I don't have a powerful enough machine to even attempt it, but I figure I can substitute a store-bought milk and use the recipe otherwise as is. I just have to figure out what mesquite is and if my Planet Organic has some.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Thanks for sharing this. You can grind the sesame seeds in a coffee grinder before adding the water and then straining it, if you don't have a high speed blender. It has a lovely flavour - a bit like halva. Mesquite has a malted taste, it's a pod which is dried and then ground, part of the carob family. It's a great blood sugar stabiliser. You can buy it from The Fresh Network in the UK.
    Love Deborah from therawfoodthing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a coffee grinder either! lol. Maybe it's time to look at investing in some truly useful kitchen gadgets.

      I live in Canada, in a major city, so I hope to be able to find everything here. But you've given me an idea that I can maybe find an online Canadian source if my local organic store doesn't have it. So, thank you. :)

      Delete