Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Night's All Right

It's been a while, hasn't it? I didn't realize it had been quite so long until I saw the date on my last post. The weeks have not only been busy, but I've been hit by one nasty virus after another, not leaving me with any desire to blog--and certainly a lack of focus in healthy eating.

But I'm on the mend (I hope--it's been over a week) and have been thinking. Mostly I've been thinking about how many anecdotes/testimonials I've read of how healthy people are when they are eating a healthy vegan or raw vegan diet. I've been thinking how my 11yo son, who is almost NEVER sick, has been sick alongside me these past weeks--and how prior to getting sick, he had clearly not been consuming as much fruit as he had in the past. Two and two are being put together.

Another thing that got me thinking was when I was in the kitchen earlier today (or maybe it was yesterday--my thought processes and sense of time are messed up right now) was noticing my cookbooks. I have a section of a shelf reserved for all the vegan and raw vegan books. I have 4 books on raw veganism alone. How many recipes have I made from any of them???? But a handful. I have nice little tags sticking out of a few, hinting at me to try them, and somehow it just hasn't happened. I'd like to take at least a step in this direction this week.

So, I'm sitting here this Saturday night on the sofa, laptop on my curled up legs, a pile of vegan and raw vegan cookbooks next to me. Elton John may have sung that Saturday night was all right for fighting, but me, I think it's all right for exploring and planning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment