Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Product Review--Larabar

After hearing about Larabars for sometime, I decided on the weekend to actually buy one. The price seemed a little much ($1.99 at Superstore), but I figured it would be a nice little treat. Was it ever!

This is the one I got:

(In Canada, it's just Coconut Creme.) It was a nice tasty little thing. A little sweet, but not too much. Lovely coconut taste. So yummy, I bought myself another one yesterday. :) The extra nice thing about it is this one doesn't say, "May contain milk." I'm finding as I pay attention to processed items more, that while many things don't have milk as part of the main ingredients, many, many say, "May contain milk," or "May contain traces amounts of milk ingredients." Many of the natural food bars in the same section had that little warning. I have had mild reactions in the past when I first realized that it was likely dairy causing some severe issues. I had cut out all dairy products to see and had immediate relief, but some days that first week I was having other mild symptoms. (I can't remember what now--I just remember having a mild reaction.) I checked some granola bars I'd been eating: "May contain trace amounts of milk ingredients." I cut those things out for a while, but after a bit, I was back to eating them and didn't appear to have any problems. I do wonder about that now. While I've eliminated a number of processed food items from my diet, even just some very basic things say that. Heck, I've seen Vega products with that on them. Of course, this just reconfirms my intuition that I ought to be eating a completely unprocessed diet. I'll eventually reach that point. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment