Monday, January 14, 2013

Make-a-Menu Monday

I have a thing with titles. It just kind of gets my attention, helps me stay focused or committed. I'm on a "FlyBud" list (people using FlyLady's approach in one form or another in their homes) where we've done things like post our list for the day, but the subject line is "Marvelous Monday"--just to play around with our minds and not let ourselves get thinking, "Ugh, another Monday!"

"Make-a-Menu Monday" tells me I need a menu plan for the week by Monday. I keep procrastinating starting a menu planning habit, even though I know that once I get into it, it will make things a lot easier around here. If you're thinking a menu plan would be good for you, too, please join me!

Here is the supper menu I've come up for this week, well, at least for Monday through Friday. I did keep them all to things that could be easily made gluten-free and thought about my son's desire to return to a higher number of vegetarian suppers. Given the craziness of last week and potential craziness this week, I also stuck to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Silly), focusing on things we've had fairly often, rather than venturing really into adding in a lot of raw or vegan:

MONDAY: Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, fresh veggies

TUESDAY: Chicken fajitas with peppers

WEDNESDAYMexican rice and bean recipe and fresh veggies (vegan version)

THURSDAY: Chicken and potatoes (probably dairy-free mashed) with cooked broccoli and/or carrots and a salad

FRIDAY: Minestrone (I need to find the recipe I wanted to do! vegan)

There! It feels nice to have that part all decided.Of course, now I have to make sure I have everything I need to make it all... ;)

Do you make a meal plan for the week? What's yours this week?

2 comments:

  1. Things have been crazy in my house lately. Somehow I hadn't made it over to your site in a while. When things are hectic, a schedule definitely helps. I try my best to make a food plan for the week, but most of the time, I make meals on the fly. My household always like a variety of fresh fruits and veggies, salad, and then we just go from there. We eat rather simply, which makes meal prep fairly easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simplicity definitely makes things easier! As does my schedule. I haven't done a week-long menu plan in ages that I actually thought out thoroughly, as in, thinking about what I needed to get to be able to make all the recipes. Makes things so much easier to have decided already and know from the beginning of the morning what we're having for supper!

      Delete