Sunday, June 23, 2013

30-Day Challenge - Day 14 - Regression

I think I have to set myself a 30-day blogging challenge sometime. lol. It's been a week since I last posted! It's been an intense week with everything going on here, so blogging was the least of my concerns.

I have, however, been sticking to the challenge and done my Pain Free sequence every morning. It's curious, though: while things were improving for a while, I seem to have taken a step back. There's one exercise that involves lying on your back and doing foot circles and flexes. The past couple of days, it's actually been harder. The wall bench is another I'm finding harder to do and I can't hold it to 90 seconds anymore. I don't know if it means that weak muscles that are supposed to be engaging are finall engaging or what, but it's just strange since there was a clear progression for the first while and now it's regression! I've had one day where my knees actually hurt, but other than that, my ITBS (iliotibial band syndrome) symptoms haven't been bothering me.

If you are at all curious to see these Pain Free exercises at work, here are some YouTube videos:

Foot Circles

--
 
 
3 Egoscue Exercises to Keep You Running, Walking and Hiking Pain Free

And, you know, there are 16 days left in my challenge. Why not join me with a 16-day or even a 2-week challenge? Let me know what you are challening yourself with!

No comments:

Post a Comment